Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Think On These Things

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

I love this verse.
It's such a good reminder and guide on what to let my mind dwell on.
However, there's something I can do with this verse
and it's kinda cheating.
I can read, "whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,"
and stop there.
I let my mind focus on situations, circumstances etc.
that have honestly, truly happened, but,
they are not just, pure, and lovely.
I MUST finish the verse.
Simply because it really did happen (it is true)
or, I honestly feel a certain way,
doesn't mean I should allow my mind to dwell on it.
I MUST give those concerns to the Lord
and think on what is
just,
and pure,
and lovely,
and of good report.
Negativity can become a habit.
Negativity breeds discontentment.
May I focus today (one day at a time)
on all the good God has given me.
And may this start a new habit,
a positive one, a life-giving, joy-flowing heart.
For those who may ask,
"How do I start? What just, pure, lovely, and good report can I think on?"
First of all, don't be ashamed that you ask,
life can be overwhelming at times.
But perhaps you can start here:
Thank God for all He is and has done for you.
Make a list and be amazed from what seems small to the big things.

Lord, forgive me for the times I focus on the negative.
Please help me to become aware of all the good and to dwell
on these.

Because of Jesus,

Eunora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!