Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time For Another Change

If homeschooling has taught me anything,
It's taught me that change happens
And that flexibility is vital.
This, my friends, is very difficult for me.
After spending hours, more like, days, preparing for school each Summer,
I want the school year to unfold just like I have written in my schedule.
Well, being prepared is a great way to kick off the year
And to give me daily direction on what we need to accomplish.
However, I have four moving, growing, changing boys.
They cannot be placed in a box and neither should they be
(although this would make things a lot easier =))

So, what went wrong? Well, probably nothing,
My schedule just wasn't flowing as well as I would like it to.
What I came to realize is that I felt like I was setting my younger children aside
To teach my older students.
For those of you who have read my school schedule
You know that I have planned many activities for them
But, it just wasn't working as well as the start of the year.

So, it was back to the drawing board for me.
I wanted to include my two younger boys with the older boys' lessons.
I searched all over the internet and pinterest for fun ideas.
In the weeks that follow I want to share some of the treasures I found.
I'm so thankful and now excited to start back up after our break.
Last month I was discouraged and frustrated.
But, once again, the Lord is faithful. He helped me!

I'm not sure if everything will work out as well as I have planned.
But, I'm going to try it.
Try what?
Well, I can't tell you yet, I've got to see if it works. (hehe;)
I'll let you know soon.
And for sure, I want to share with you some of the toddler activities I've found.
But for now, I want you to know that Jesus really does care
About the big things and the little things.
When things aren't going as you think it should,
Turn to Him and watch how He comes through once again
And helps you! Yipee!
Now, go talk to Him. He's ready to help. =)

Because of Jesus,
Eunora

Linking up here:

1 comment:

  1. Excited to hear how your changes go! I hope it exceeds your expectations. Your kids will be blessed by your flexibility! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!