Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm Thankful!

I have so much to be thankful for!
I want to (hopefully weekly) share these things with you.

I'm thankful for...

... a new year!
I can't believe how quickly time passes.
I really am amazed that we are all starting 2012. Wow!

I'm thankful for a blessed 2011.

I have a wonderful home.
It's not finished, in fact, we have many unfinished projects.
Looking around at my unfinished home can make me frustrated at times.
But, tonight while turning down our street
and seeing our home at the end of our cul-de-sac,
my two year old spoke out from the back seat,
"Yah! my home!
And this made me think, yes, we do have a wonderful home.
It's warm, it's furnished, it holds my most favorite people.
So, it's not finished, but it's our home.

I have a wonderful family.
We are not perfect.
We have some growing to do (mostly the mama).
We argue at times.
We're selfish.
We get frustrated with one another.
And we make bad choices.
But, we also laugh a lot.
We wrestle and tickle until we're out of breath.
We eat too much ice cream together and enjoy every spoonful.
We dance together and sing together.
We love one another.

I have a wonderful God.
I don't read His Word as often as I should.
I'm sure I don't show His love as much as I'd like to.
But, He is faithful.
His hand I will continue to hold.
His shoulder, I will continue to lean on.
His lap, I will continue to climb onto to rest my weary head.
His love, grace, wisdom, and comfort,
I will enjoy, delight in, and find peace from.

I am blessed.
How can I not be thankful.

May this new year bring your closer
to the One who wants to hold you in His hand.
He can lead you.
He can heal you.
He can comfort you.
He can encourage you.
Because... He loves you!

Happy New Year!

Because of Jesus,

Eunora



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!