Friday, October 21, 2011

Learning To Be Flexible

Flexibility doesn't come easy for me.
It's an area I'm constantly working on, kinda like patience. =)
I'm a fairly organized home-school mom who schedules everything
from Math and Language Arts assignments
To who cleans which bathroom on Wednesday afternoons.
I do this because it's how I'm wired,
And it allows life to flow pretty smoothly.
However, this trait of mine makes it challenging for me to be flexible at times.

For some reason, I had it in my mind that our local home school group
Would be going to the pumpkin patch on Friday, the 18th.
So, I thought, I think I can make this work.
We usually have a lighter work load on Fridays and
I knew we would all enjoy a field trip.
It wasn't until the weekend before the event
That I realized that the 18th was not on Friday, but on Tuesday.
Ahhh! What to do?!
I am usually completely closed off to scheduling anything during school time.
But, for some reason, I wanted to make this work.
I envisioned my boys' smiles when they would hear the news that morning
That we were going on a field trip that day.
So I threw caution to the wind and started to make the necessary preparations.

We went. We went on a Tuesday morning!
We had a great time!
We even met some friends afterwards for a picnic lunch at the park.
AND, the Lord leaned down and kissed my cheek
By miraculously allowing our morning to be extra productive
Before we even left for the pumpkin patch.

Isn't He so good?!
He's challenging me, changing me.
He guides and directs me.
He empowers me where I am weak.
And, He even blesses me with those added blessings that just,
Well, they just make my day!

Because of Jesus,
Eunora

Linking up today with:

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!