Monday, January 14, 2013

Walking Graciously Through His Plan

As I've mentioned before, Daily Strength for Daily Needs
Is my favorite little devotional.
After reading today's entry, I just had to share it.

Thy servants are ready to do whatsoever my lord the king shall appoint. 2 Samuel 15:15

If we really, and always, and equally ready to do whatsoever the King appoints, all the trials and vexations arising from any change in His appointments, great or small, simply do not exist. If He appoints me to work there, shall I lament that I am not to work here? If He appoints me to wait indoors to-day, am I to be annoyed because I am not to work out-of-doors? If I meant to write His messages this morning, shall I grumble because He sends interrupting visitors, rich or poor, to whom I am to speak them or 'show kindeness' for His sake, or at least obey His command, 'Be courteous'? If all my members are really at His disposal, why should I be put out if to-day's appointment is some simple work for my hands or errands for my feet, instead of some seemingly more important doing of head or tongue?
                                                                                      F.R. Havergal

Wow! This is so true.
How often I wince or complain of my lot.
I pray in the morning, 'Lord, I give my day to You.'
But when my first 'interruption' comes along,
I complain within that it is not as I had planned.

Oh that I would remember that:
A man's heart deviseth his way:
but the LORD directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9
I can and should have a plan and purpose for my day.
But my prayer is that I would walk graciously through it,
Expecting the Lord to alter it,
And being willing to move into His plan.

May we remember today that ...
The sick child,
The unexpected knock on the door,
The broken washing machine,
The long line at the grocery store,
...Were all known and allowed by our Father...
And to walk through what He brings our way
In such a way that we truly know that He is allowing
All things for our benefit.

Enjoy the knowns and unknowns of today!

Because of Jesus,

Eunora



3 comments:

  1. love your posts. I look forward to visiting often. Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Lord is so good and reveals so much, just wish I had more time to write it all down. =)

      Delete
  2. What a great reminder...It is really, really difficult to not allow all the "unexpecteds" to put a damper on my day. But you're so right...God has it all mapped out, and there's a purpose for every moment, even the seemingly annoying ones. How often I forget that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!