Thursday, May 16, 2013

Proverbs 8-

Another little look at one of the Proverbs.
Written for my boys.
Hoping you will be blessed too. =)


Read Proverbs 8

Reread 8:36
Read Romans 6:22-23

O sovereign Love, (Lord) to Thee I cry!
Give me Thyself, or else I die!
Save me from death; from hell set free!
Death, hell, are but the want of Thee. (When I am in want/lacking God, my experience is death, hell).
Quickened by Thy imparted (given) flame,
Saved when possessed of Thee, I am:
My life, my only heaven Thou art;
O might I feel Thee in my heart!
                                             C. Wesley

Sin itself is hell, and death, and misery to the soul, as being a departure from goodness and holiness itself; I mean from God, in conjunction (joining) with whom the happiness, and blessedness, and heaven of a soul doth (does) consist. Avoid it, (sin) therefore, as you would avoid being miserable.
                                                               Samuel Shaw

‘I couldn’t live in peace if I put the shadow of a willful sin between myself and God.’ (I could not live peacefully if I willfully put a sin between myself and God).
                                                               George Eliot

Unholy tempers are always unhappy tempers.
                                                               John Wesley

 Because of Jesus,
Eunora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!