Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quitting Is Not An Option

It's hard!
I can't do it!
I think I wanna quit!
These are the frustrated calls I've been hearing, about...
Home schooling.

I've been there.
I've said that.
I've experienced not only the highs, but also the lows.
But... I've kept going.

Why?
Certainly not because I'm supermom.
Not because I have perfect children.
I continue because of two reasons.

Number one: I have a Helper!
He never leaves me or forsakes me.
He leads me and guides me as I call out to Him.
He whispers His wisdom in the moment I need it.
He holds my hand as I grasp tightly to His.
We're a team and I couldn't do this job without Jesus!

Number two: I view this as my job,
My profession, my career, my calling.
Once it was a clear decision made for our family
I stopped viewing it as an option.
This is my job.
My husband works hard every. single. day.
Why shouldn't I?
When the going gets tough, 
He would never think of quitting, changing careers.
Why would I?
There are going to be hard days.
But this is my job.

Although reason number one is essential to
All aspects of my day,
Reason number two was what transformed my mindset.
Now on difficult days, I don't think,
'Maybe they need to be in a traditional school.'
Rather, I focus on how this job can be improved.
What changes need to be made?
Or perhaps,  where do I need to change?

Home schooling may not be for everyone.
But, for those who believe the Lord has placed them on this path
Don't give up.
Don't give in.
It is work. It is hard work.
But isn't everything that's worth while?

Press on!
With Christ all things are possible. (Matt. 19:26)

Because of Jesus,
Eunora

4 comments:

I'd love to hear from you!