Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Day Is His

Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3


I just finished some time in this Proverb
And considering what it means to 'commit thy works...'
As I try to simplify these amazing truths
To teach my boys, I'm often reminded of how much I need to hear them.

Here are a few thoughts-


When we give the Lord our day, we are allowing Him to be in control of what happens. On any given day we know some of the things we will need to do but some things we will have to discover. Commit all, the known and unknown to Him. This makes Him Lord our day and we are the servants who simply want to obey and follow His plan. This also keeps disappointment from seeping in over how the day unfolds because we can remember that the day is His and He is allowing all things to happen for our good. 

Enjoy Him today, whatever He brings your way.

Because of Jesus,
Eunora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!