Tuesday, May 1, 2012

We All Need Mercy

I need others to be merciful to me.
But am I extending mercy?
I need others to be patient with me.
But am I patient with others?
I need time to grow and change.
But do I allow time for others to do the same?
I desire perfection in myself and yet fall short 
Again and again.
Do I not realize that others will continue to fall too?

Often times I find myself frustrated and weary
In teaching and training, correcting and discipling my children.
I want them to be kind, all the time.
I want them to 'think of others,' all the time.
I want them to be peacemakers, all the time.
I want them to make good choices, all the time.
But do I?

I am a work in progress.
I must constantly ask the Lord to refine me.
I must constantly turn back to the Lord 
To have Him cleanse me when I fail... 
Again... and... again.

We all are a work in progress.
This is why we need Jesus.
This is why we need the cross.
His forgiveness, His reshaping us,
Is a life-long process.

When I see my children fail,
May I not be disappointed in them, but
May it be a reminder that I too fail.
And may I patiently extend the mercy
I so need and desire.
May we be patient with each other,
Building one another up,
And pointing each other to the cross
Where we find forgiveness and 
Strength to grow in Him.

Because of Jesus,
Eunora

3 comments:

  1. Eunora, so blessed to have found you! so needed to hear this today. Thank you for speaking truth into my heart this am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy this encouraged you! I needed to hear it and be reminded myself. =) Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Such a great post. I often need to remember more patience in correcting my children. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!