Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm Thankful!

I have so much to be thankful for!
I want to (hopefully weekly) share these things with you.





So, this past weekend
I had the unfortunate experience of
having the stomach flu- ugh!

So why am I posting this on my 'thankful' post?!
Because the Lord allowed me to see
much to be thankful for even though I was feeling miserable.

I was so thankful for...

... the timing of when I got sick.
My husband had just returned from being
out of town on a business trip.
I also started getting sick on a Friday night
which meant he was home to help me on the weekend.

... my husband!!
He took care of me so well, attending to everything I needed.
He took care of our four boys.
He cooked, cleaned, and did laundry.
I'm so thankful he was home and willing to help out so much!

... time I spent lounging on a chair on my back porch,
soaking up the warm sun!
This is something I have wanted to do for awhile,
but never made time to do.

... the fact that I was sick in the time and place that I am.
This may seem silly, but I started thinking
(while sick in bed)
about the fact that everyone gets sick, throughout the history of time.
Can you imagine what this would have looked like
in the Medieval time period?!
I did, and let's just say,
I am so thankful for my clean, comfortable bed,
sanitary conditions, running water etc.

So, to sum it up, yup, I was bummed to be sicker
than I have been in a long time.
But, there was still much to be thankful for during this
unfortunate situation. =)

That's what I'm thankful for, what are you thankful for?


<bits of splendor monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!