Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shhh, I Need To Listen

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

James 1:19

I write what I need to hear,

What I need to learn.

What I am being reminded of.

What I need to put into practice.

These Biblical truths: be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath

Are what I need to work on.

How easy it is for me to be forming my next sentence

While I should be listening intently on what is being spoken to me.

How often I become frustrated and upset

Because I'm focusing on what I want to say

Instead of hearing the other's heart.


Lord, help me to do what your word instructs.

Help me to be a good listener. When it's time to give an

answer, may it be seasoned with grace and reflect your heart of love.

May I be a blessing as you help me to listen to hearts and not demand to be heard.


Because of Jesus,

Eunora

Linking up today here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!