Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Are We Doing Too Much?



As I sat discussing schedules with a group of moms,
I kept hearing, "we school well into the afternoon."
Why, I thought, would these moms be schooling for so long
when their children are all still so small?

This puzzled me so I asked more questions
In hopes of helping them find solutions to a shorter school day.
It was from their answers that I discovered something:
These mamas are busy...
With extra-curricular activities.

Between swimming lessons, and women's Bible studies,
These sweet mamas were not able to find time to rest during the day.
Activities pulled them away in the morning,
Causing them to be schooling during nap time or well into the afternoon.

Now, please don't get me wrong,
Extra-curricular activities can be great.
There are so many wonderful opportunities available.
I also don't want anyone to feel she needs to follow my schedule.

But here are a few thoughts to consider.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 reads: to every thing there is a season,
And a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Swimming lessons are beneficial.
Bible studies are encouraging.
But are we being spread too thin as we attempt to fit it all in?

May I ask you to slow down and reconsider your schedule?
There are so many good opportunities out there.
But what is best for you and your family right now?
Sometimes when we choose more we loose what we really want:
Peace, rest, time.

God is so faithful to direct us, even with our schedules. 
Seek Him.
Listen to His still, small voice directing you.
And walk confidently into your day
Knowing you walk in the plan He has given you.

Could less be more?
I think it just may be.


Eunora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!