Thursday, February 23, 2012

Giving Thanks for the Good

In everything give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

How easy it is for me to find fault with those around me,
To notice areas where improvement is needed.

When I was recently reminded, through a book,
Of what others face,
I suddenly realized how very blessed I am
To have the people I do in my life.

This revelation has caused me to want
To point out to my loved ones all that they do well.
I want to be thankful for all the yucky things
The Lord has spared me from.
I want to focus on and acknowledge
The good qualities in those around me.

Sure, we all have areas that need refining.
But, how much better for my spirit
If I do as the Word commands and give thanks.

I'm signing off now so that I can do just that:
Write a letter of thanks for the good I have and see
In a special someone in my life.

Because of Jesus,

Eunora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!