Tuesday, January 17, 2012

When Can I Pray?

"Pray without ceasing."
1 Thessalonians 5:17

Pray constantly.
Pray without stopping.
Pray all the time.

This is what I want to do.
This is what I have told my children they can do.
This is kinda what I do... with some things. =)

It dawned on me recently that I can come before the Lord
Quite easily throughout the day for wisdom and strength
With the little things that come my way.
But when it comes to the BIG things
(relational issues, disunity, personal struggles)
I somehow think I need a block of time, with my journal,
To pour out my heart before the Lord.

Frankly, the time for this type of intercession
Just doesn't find a way into my schedule too often.
And this lack of prayer time has frustrated me.

I want to seek Him.
I want to lay my burdens at His feet and hear His voice on matters.

And then the light went on.
I can.
I can pray about the BIG things as I do the little things-
Constantly, all the time, throughout my day.

I can pray about the BIG things in the shower.
I can pray about the BIG things while I fold laundry.
Whenever I prayed for the little things, I could pray for the BIG things too.

Sounds simple, I know, but this is something I'm going to work on.
I'm a type A, scheduled kinda person.
This is beneficial in many areas, but can be limiting in others.
I was putting my idea of prayer in a box.
I am going to work on this-
Not having to pray as I would love to
(Bible open, notebook ready),
But heart open, words ready to share with my Father
Who always hears.

May I put into practice the song I sing with my children:
Rejoice evermore,
Pray without ceasing, and
In everything give thanks,
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Because of Jesus,

Eunora



1 comment:

  1. i love this. prayer is so under.rated. it's the power of God we're calling on! you go, girl
    <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!